“Proteinuria” or loss of Protein in urine can be a nagging problem that needs treatment and investigations .It also carries a risk of later renal complications if untreated. We also do dialysis of pediatric patients, and treatment of renal rickets & renal related growth disorders.
This clinical subspeciality of Paediatric medicine (Age group: 0-18 yr) deals with kidney and lower urinary tract diseases in children. In our country with population of more than 1 billion, children contribute to 40 % of this population. Kidney diseases in children may go unrecognized in the absence of specific symptoms. But signs like facial puffiness, recurrent fever episodes due to urinary tract infection, persistence of headache (High blood pressure), blood in urine suggests consultation with concerned doctor.
Recognize the hidden illness
- CAKUT: Congenital Abnormality of Kidney and Urinary Tract and hereditary nephropathies contribute to 2/3 of all Chronic Kidney Diseases in children. CAKUT include renal agenesis, multi-cystic dysplastic kidney, renal dysplasia, duplex, ectopic ureter. Diagnosis by antenatal or postnatal Ultrasonography & other radiological investigations. Need regular follow up as child can later have urinary tract infections or growth failure due to chronic concerns.
- Nephrotic syndrome is a common illness in paediatric nephrology clinic. Child present with swelling around eyes, face and generalized body swelling due to persistent loss of protein in the urine.
We Offer treatment and care for
- Protein loss in the urine (Due to nephrotic and nephritic syndrome, Systemic diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus, Henoch schonlein purpura etc.)
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic Kidney Diseases
- Recurrent Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Neurogenic bladder abnormalities
- Kidney stones
- Haemolytic uremic syndrome
- Neonatal AKI, Dyselectrolytemia
- Consultation and counselling for antenatal & postnatal hydronephrosis, cystic kidney diseases.
- Pediatric kidney transplantation